Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I figured out what the problem is


In figuring out what love is about, I’ve been holding out for that 1 woman who will overwhelm me. I’ve been looking for my wife, instead of just dating. I now know that I don’t have to want to marry the woman that I date. I just need to ‘engage’; to get myself out there, just to go out and have fun. I don’t have a single unmarried friend here in Oregon with whom I have anything socially in common, as far as the type of music I like ( R&B, old-school R&B, hip hop, jazz), and I HATE going out by myself, but I need to get out of my comfort zone. Someone once said that ‘Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans’;

  • My friend Enri met his now-wife while on a date with his girlfriend at the time.
  • My friend Robin met his now-wife while waiting for his blind date to show up.
  • My friend Jeremy met his now-fiancee while at a Laundromat with his girlfriend.
  • My friend Jamie met her now-husband in the elevator- they were headed to an office party- her boyfriend was his partner in the law firm.
  • My friend Patrick met his future wife while on a date with her sister.
  • My friend Lauren met her now-husband in church; her boyfriend had to work that Sunday
  • My friend Rachel met her future husband who was seated on the plane next to her when she was flying to New Mexico to see her boyfriend.
  • A former coworker named Barb met her husband while holding her boyfriend’s place in line to get football tickets. She and her husband have been married for 50 years now.
  • I even initially met my ex-girlfriend Shakara at the Gym while her boyfriend at the time was running late.


I don’t know where my future wife is, but now I feel more inspired than ever. She might not be the woman I’m dating at the time (no one, currently), but she might be someone I meet because of her. She could be the sister, or friend, or even the friend of a friend. Networking comes to mind.




No comments: